We work with you to understand your business growth and people objectives.
We then collaboratively design bias navigation and/or wider diversity and inclusion solutions that support your teams in expediting the pace at which they meet and exceed your objectives.
For both subjects and unconscious perpetrators:
- Be better equipped to identify, deal with and navigate Unconscious Bias in the moment
- Be better equipped to contribute to more harmonious, culturally sensitive relationships between managers and peers
- Subjects more readily illuminate their own potential for ‘Reverse Bias’ toward management and peers in the moment
- Subjects will be less reliant on ‘safe spaces’ as outlets to address pent-up minority tensions
- Learn the power of ‘developmental enquiry’ in resolving perceived unconscious bias issues
- Have the opportunity to release emotional/psychological baggage related to the fear of unconscious bias
- Know (subjects in particular) how to set themselves on a path towards losing a victim mentality and embrace a winning mentality
Bias happens everywhere. In the corporate world it is very often unconscious: the perpetrator does not really understand what he or she is doing and the effect of that behaviour.
The usual solutions (awareness and sensitivity training, etc.) are insufficient and often don’t work because they reinforce the old, tired, worthless tropes of ‘guilty perpetrator’ and ‘hapless victim’.
And they almost always focus their attention on the perpetrator: underscoring the idea that the power to change lies with the person who is exhibiting the bias: that progress depends on them agreeing or deciding to change.
– What if we turned all of this on its head?
– What if we turned our attention to the ‘victims’ both traditional and untraditional?
– What if we focused on equipping them with the interpersonal skills to navigate bias ‘in the moment’, when it happens?
– What if the victims of unconscious bias in all its forms racial, gender, age, etc, were encouraged to call out such behaviour when it happens: not defensively but rather questioning: “I don’t understand?”
A disarming enquiry that when posed correctly, invokes explanation and elaboration from the perpetrator, that causes the bias to ‘call itself out’ in the process.
Bias is part of the human condition and so can never be totally eradicated. This does not invalidate the fight against the structural causes of discrimination. But it does suggest that an approach which is oriented towards navigation, as opposed to elimination is likely to be more productive.
Being exposed to the IDU? methodology not only requires equipping traditional ‘subjects’ with interpersonal skills to navigate inevitable bias.
It also requires managers to be open to the nature of developmental enquiry that the IDU? methodology invokes.
More importantly, it requires managers to be open and transparent about ‘reverse bias’ towards them in the moment.
It requires management to acquire the necessary coaching skills to address-Call Out- reverse bias when it is incorrectly directed towards them.
Only then can we truly navigate bias effectively and over time dissipate it as a problem.
Benefits for senior management and managers
Senior Management, Managers and Team Leaders will:
- Become open to ‘developmental enquiry’ for harmonious resolution of unconscious ‘directional’ bias and ‘reverse bias’
- Be able to apply customised templates for creating awareness and sensitivity to unconscious bias, setting objectives, developing strategy and implementing ‘SETs’(Subject Empowerment Tactics/Tools)
- Understand and learn to reject ‘guilt’ driven remedies/strategies that do more harm than good in the long term
- Release emotional/psychological baggage related to unconscious bias guilt, that stifles their own productivity and their relationships with employees
- Develop more harmonious working relationships with team members
- Leave the workshop motivated for real and lasting change
Unconscious bias is a tricky and touchy subject. The vast majority of organisations have an impressive array of interventions designed to tackle bias in the workplace.
Yet, as well meaning as these interventions are, they run the risk of falling at the first hurdle if not implemented correctly.
M.O.S.T is a blueprint for implementing effective, measurable unconscious bias trainings and initiatives.
Are you having trouble navigating unconscious bias in your organisation?
Do you have the right Mindset, Objectives, Strategies and Tactics to negate career stifling bias and navigate your way to your target career destination?
Regardless of your position, status or seniority our expert coaching can help you achieve your desired goals and equip you and/or your colleagues with the skills to navigate the inevitability of bias in the process.
Click here for a confidential chat.
The objective of this programme is to maximize the potential of teams and multiply their results exponentially regardless of actual, sensed or perceived obstacles. The customisable programme is designed to provide diverse teams with a mindset conducive to quantum shifts in performance.
The training and coaching is structured to identify and eliminate limiting and conditioned thinking patterns that stunt success generally as well as in diverse teams,minorities and marginalised groups. It will teach the skill of effective goal setting, increase goal orientation, and provide the individual, team and company with a high energy environment and mindset conducive to EVERYONE exceeding objectives regardless of circumstances, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation,age and so on.
Having attended this webinar(S) delegates will:
- Understand the three parts of their personality and how to get them working in harmony to raise their performance levels
- Increase self belief and self determination
- Understand how to use the power of EFFECTIVE goal setting!
- Create a healthy sense of dissatisfaction with the status quo
- Ensure they meet and exceed business, sales, and operational targets
- Be provided with the “X” Factor in personal and group wide success
- Develop an attitude conducive to exceeding targets and higher performance
- Identify how to multiply their productivity immediately
- Learn how to improve their effectiveness in less than a week’s time
- Embrace habits of highly effective people whilst remaining congruent with who they are
- Be motivated to make positive measurable changes that contribute to high performance and group cohesiveness in diverse teams